1. Where can I find the EUC Privacy Policy?
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and comply with all the applicable laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Links to all of the relevant privacy documents can be found below.

Privacy Policy - Egham United Charity

Privacy Notice - Egham United Charity

Privacy Notice - Egham Education Trust

Privacy Notice - Stewart's and Budgen's Almshouses

2. How long will an application take?
Committee meetings are held every 6 weeks and ideally applications should be received by the Secretary 10 – 14 days beforehand to allow for investigation. Future meeting dates are as follows:

3. How much money can I ask for?
Grant sizes vary according to applicants’ particular needs, so grants may be below £100 or considerably more than that. It is suggested that applicants, through their referring worker if they have one, obtain a quotation for the item they require before they apply and the Trustees will decide whether they can fund this request. The size of the grant may also be linked to the availability of funding at the time of application’.

4. How is payment made?
Payment is almost always made to a third party and not to an individual applicant i.e. to the provider of goods or services or to the referring agency. However, with educational applications, payment may be made to the applicant when receipts for agreed items are provided. Duke of Edinburgh Awards are paid to DOE participants.

Cash is never paid and loans are not given.

5. How long will payment take?
Payment is usually made within a week of the Trustees’ meeting.

6. Can you help someone who has not lived in the area of benefit for five years?
Yes, but only very occasionally. The rules relating to the length of residency are agreed with the Charity Commission and the Trustees are guided by these in most cases.

7. Can you help someone who lives outside the area of benefit, i.e. Egham, Englefield Green, Egham Hythe, Stroude and Virginia Water?
No, we only help people who live in the area of benefit. The only exception to this concerns almshouse applications where applicants have a lifelong link to the area although currently they may be living further away.

In the event of someone living outside the area, the Secretary may, on occasion, be able to link applicants with charities in their own area.

8. Can I apply on behalf of my (father, mother, sister etc)?
You may complete the form on behalf of another person but they have to sign the application and there is an interview where we will meet with them in person.

Can't find what you need?

Find out more about Egham United Charity here, or ask us a question through our Contact Us page